Boon Siew Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“We”) is the authorized distributor in Singapore of Honda Motorcycles. Your personal data is important to us and it is our policy to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. This Policy outlines how we manage the personal data we hold in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 20112 (No. 26 of 2012) in Singapore (the “PDPA”) and applies to all divisions in Boon Siew Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Personal Data Protection Policy
What types of personal data do we collect?
We may collect and hold personal data of persons/entities including but not limited to:
- Job applicants and employees;
- Service providers; and
- Other people who we may come in contact.
Examples of such personal data include biodata, contact details, account information and your preferences, queries, request and feedback.
How do we collect your personal data?
The ways in which we may collect your personal data include (but are not limited to) collecting directly or indirectly from you or your authorized representatives during:
- Using our products or services;
- Visiting our website and microsites;
- Signing up for alerts or newsletters;
- Participating in our marketing or promotional events;
- Conducting or completing of transactions;
- Contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
- Conducting market research and surveys;
- Applying for a job with us;
Why do we collect your personal data?
In general, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Conducting and completing transactions (e.g. processing bookings and payments; providing products and services that have been requested);
- Providing customer service (e.g. responding to queries and requests, informing you about service status and product updates; sending you alerts and newsletters);
- Conducting market research and improving customer service (e.g. conducting market research or surveys, performing market analysis, managing and improving our products and services; developing new products);
- Conducting marketing promotions (e.g. sending of alerts, newsletters, marketing materials, and invitations from us wholly; offering promotions);
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations and other requirements (e.g. aiding to law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies; performing internal audits);
- Performing evaluations (e.g. assessing suitability of potential employees).
How do we use and / or disclose your personal data?
We will only use, disclose and/or transfer your personal data for the purposes that you have been notified of and consented (e.g. SMS, e-mail, direct mail, telephone) to or which are permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
We will not sell, rent or give away personal data to third parties for commercial purposes.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Depending on the product or service concerned, personal data may be disclosed or transferred to:
- Other divisions within Boon Siew Singapore Pte. Ltd.;
- Our service providers and specialist advisers/institutions who have been contracted to provide administration, financial, legal, accounting, information technology, research or other services;
- Other insurers, courts, tribunals, law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies as agreed or authorized by law; or
- Anyone authorized by an individual, as specified by that individual.
- Where personal data is disclosed or transferred to organizations outside of Boon Siew Singapore Pte. Ltd. who handle or obtain personal data as service providers to Boon Siew Singapore Pte. Ltd., we require such organizations to acknowledge confidentiality of such personal data, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the PDPA and this Policy and use such personal data for our purposes and otherwise follow our reasonable directions with respect to this data.
How do we manage, protect and store your personal data?
We regard breaches of your privacy very seriously and we have implemented measures to secure and protect your information, such as training our employees who handle your personal data to respect the confidentiality of such personal data and your privacy, storing personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, taking steps to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We strive to work towards securing your personal data from cyber-attacks, such as hacking, spyware and viruses. Accordingly, you will not hold us liable for any unauthorized disclosure, loss or destruction of your personal data arising from such risks.
The PDPA also requires us not to store personal data longer than necessary. We will cease to retain your personal data when we no longer require such personal data for the purposes we originally notified you of or for any business or legal needs.
How do we keep personal data accurate and up-to-date and how to exercise your right to correct the personal data we hold of you?
We endeavor to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. We understand that such personal data changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to update any personal data it holds about you.
How to exercise your right to access the personal data we hold of you?
To make a request to access the personal data we hold about you, please write in to us. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what data you require.
How to exercise your right to withdraw your consent?
The consent that you provide will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. To make a request to withdraw your consent previously given, please contact us in writing here. You may also unsubscribe directly from any electronic communications you receive from us.
Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and to be determined on a case by case basis) for your request to be processed.
What if you have a complaint?
If you consider that any action of Boon Siew Singapore Pte. Ltd. breaches the PDPA or this Policy, you can lodge a formal complaint with us here.
- Why have a cookies policy?
- What is a cookie?
- Deleting and / blocking cookies
These tracers may be installed on your device depending on the preferences that you expressed or may express at any time in accordance with this policy.
1. Why have a cookies policy?
With a view to provide information and ensure transparency, we established this policy so that you can learn more about:
The origin and purpose of this information processed when you browse our Website.
Your rights with regards to cookies and other tracers used by us.
2. What is a cookie?
Cookies and other similar tracers are packets of data used by servers to send status information to a user’s browsers and return status information to the original server through this same browser.
The status information can be a session identifier, a language, an expiration data, or response field or other types of information.
During their validity period, cookies are used to store status information when a browser accesses various pages of a website or when the browser returns to this website at a later point.
There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies, which are deleted as soon as you exit the browser or leave the website
- Persistent cookies, which remain on your device until their expiration or until you delete them using the features of your browser.
3. Why use cookie?
Cookies strictly necessary for browsing our Website and the ability to use all their features, and intended to:
- Manage authentication of website visitors and the associated security measures, and to ensure proper functioning of the authentication module.
- Optimize the user experience and facilitate browsing, determining “technical routes” for browsing
- Store information regarding the “cookies” information banner seen by website visitors who then continue to browse the website after agreeing to accept cookies on their device
- Implement security measures (for example, when you are asked to log in again for content or service after a certain period, or to ensure basic operation of our Website and use of their major technical features, such as monitoring of performance and browsing errors, management of user sessions, etc.)
Cookies for features intended to:
- Adapt our Website to the display preferences of your devices (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and settings of the display of web pages based on the device you are using and its location, etc.)
- Store specific information that you enter on our Website to facilitate and customize your subsequent visits (including displaying the visitor’s first and last names if the visitor has a user account)
- Allow you to access your personal pages more quickly by storing the login details or information that you previously entered.
Cookies for visitor tracking are aimed of improving the comfort of the users by helping us to understand your interactions with our Website (most visited pages, applications used, etc.); these cookies may collect statistics or test different ways of displaying information to improve the relevance and usability of our services.
Advertising cookies are intended to (i) offer you, in advertising spaces, relevant, targeted content that may be of interest to you (best offers, other destinations, etc.) based on your interests, browsing behavior, preferences, and other factors, and (ii) reduce the number of times that the advertisements appear.
Affiliate cookies identify the third-party website that redirected a visitor to our Website.
Social network cookies, set by third parties, allow you to share your opinion about and content form our Website on social networks (for example, the “Share” or “Like” application buttons for social networks).
The social network applications on our Website as mentioned above in some cases allow the social networks concerned to identify you even if you did not click on the application button. This type of button can allow a social network to track your browsing on our Website, simply because your account in the social network concerned is enabled on your device (open session) while you are browsing.
We recommend that you read the policies of these social networks to familiarize yourself with how they use the browsing information that may collect, especially with regards to advertising. These policies must specifically allow you to make choices on these social networks, particularly by configuring your user accounts for each of them.
The installation of certain cookie is subject to your consent. Also, when you first visit our Website, you are asked whether you agree to the installation of this type of cookie, which is only activated after your acceptance.
This process is supported by means of an information banner on the home page on our Website, which informs you that by continuing to browse, you are agreeing to the installation of cookies that require consent on your device.
You can change your mind at any time using the various methods described in section “Deleting and/ blocking cookies”.
5. Deleting and / or blocking cookies
You have several options for deleting cookies and other tracers.
Although most browsers are set by default to accept cookies, you can, if you desire, choose to accept all cookies, always block cookies, or choose which cookies to accept based on their senders.
You can also set your browser to accept or block cookies on a case-by-case basis before they are installed. Your browser also allows you to regularly delete cookies from your device. Remember to configure all the browsers in your difference devices (tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.)
Regarding management of cookies and your preferences, configuration varies for each browser. This is described in the Help menu of your browser, as well as how to edit your preferences with regards to cookies. For example:
- Internet Explorer™ http://windows.microsoft.com
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies/html
Saving a cookie to your device depends on your wishes, which you can exercise and change at any time and free of charge using the settings offered by browser software.
If your browser is set to accept cookies on your device, the cookies embedded in the pages and content that you view may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your device. They can only be read by their issuer.
However, you can set your browser to block cookies. Keep in mind that if you set your browser to block cookies, some features, pages and spaces on our Website will not be accessible, and we cannot be held responsible in this case.
Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. If you are unsure whether you are reading the most current version, please contact us.
Boon Siew Singapore Pte. Ltd.
23rd December 2019
1. About This Policy
We will process your personal data in compliance with every applicable law and any laws that replace them in the future, including but not limited to PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2012 (“PDPA”)
This Policy may be changed from time to time. Any updated versions of this Policy will be posted on our website at [https://global.honda/voice-control-system/legal/SG/privacy.html]. Please review it regularly. This Policy was last updated on 1st September 2022.
2. Information about us
For the purpose of data protection law, we, Boon Siew Singapore Private Limited (“we”, “us” and “our”) are data controller with respect to your personal data, and we are committed to respecting your privacy.
(a) Our office address:
[370 Ubi Road 3, Singapore 408651]
(b) Our email address:
In this Policy:
(a) your “personal data” means any data which relates to you and from which you can be identified. It may include contact details, other personal information, photographs, expressions of opinion about you or indications as to our intentions about you;
(b) “processing” means any activity or operation that is carried out in respect of your personal data, such as collecting, storing, using, transferring or deleting it.
4. How we collect your personal data and what personal data we collect
We will process the following personal data about you. In connection with the Service, we collect information about you from your online device that you use to receive the Service. In addition, we also collect information about you that you give us in writing, by e-mails, or by other means. The information you give us is:
- location data obtained from IP addresses, such as region, country, city (including latitudes and longitudes) (“Location Data”);
- information collected through sensors of your devices used for the Service such as accelerometers, gyros, magnetometers, light, proximity (“Information from Sensors”);
- your user ID, application store install ID, e-mail address (“User IDs”);
- movement records such as total distance, average speed, starting point and stopping point of a movement, universally unique identifiers (uu ID), trip ID, app session ID, time, latitude, longitude, accuracy, speed, speed accuracy, distance, bearing, bearing accuracy, altitude, vertical accuracy, location provider, Geohash, device time, etc. (“Travel Records”);
- usage environment of your devices, such as properties (including model number, brand name, manufacturer name, OS version, carrier name, screen height and width, screen dpi, screen orientation, etc.), settings, online connection status, and other detailed information about your devices used for the Service (e.g. vehicle, headset, smart phone and other devices connected via Bluetooth or Wifi, network) (“Information about Usage Environment”);
- usage status such as whether you are calling, being navigated, playing music, or message mode, call mode, event uu ID, time (“Information about Usage Status”);
- usage history such as time stamp, uu ID, installation properties, advertising ID (“Usage History”).
5. Purpose and legal basis of processing personal data
We use the personal data that we hold about you for the following purposes:
- To provide or improve the quality of the Service;
- To conduct usage analysis, to develop new services and products;
- To communicate with you, including to deal with your questions, messages or requests, andto manage your complaints; and
- To comply with laws and regulations applicable to us
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is:
- Performance of a contract or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
- Where the processing of your personal data is necessary for the pursuance of our legitimate interests
- Where the processing of your personal data is necessary to comply with our legal obligations
- Where you give consent for us to process your personal data.
We will only use your personal data to the extent that it is necessary to do so to fulfil the purposes described above.
6. Disclosure of personal data to recipients
We may share your personal data with recipients in the situations described below:
- Employees of ours who are authorized and need to access this data; and
- Our external vendors or contractors, including developers of online tools, service providers for the operation of the Service, cloud service providers.
7. Transfers of personal data outside Singapore
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Singapore; this especially applies to transfers to Honda Motor Co., Ltd.’s headquarters in Japan and its subcontractors involved for the purposes prescribed in Section 5.
Where we transfer your personal data outside Singapore, we will ensure that:
(a) in accordance with requirements prescribed under PDPA, we, as an organisations under PDPA, enter into the contract, between the recipients under which the recipients bear a standard protection obligation to your personal data so transferred that is comparable to the protection under PDPA.
More information is available on https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/Overview-of-PDPA/The-Legislation/Personal-Data- Protection-Act
(b) a compliant data transfer with each other and to keep the shared data secured and protected according to the official data protection regulations. You can obtain more details about the protection given to your personal data when it is transferred outside Singapore (including a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your personal data) by contacting us in accordance with the information about us above.
8. Storage limit of personal data
We will retain the personal data that we collect about you while we provide you with our service except where we are required by law to retain it for a longer period, in which case, we will retain it for that period. Specifically, we will apply the retention period stated below for each of the specific categories of personal data we collect for the Service:
Location Data: 5 years after Your last use of the Services
Information from Sensors: 5 years since the controller collects
User IDs: 5 years after Your last use of the Services
Travel Records: 5 years after Your last use of the Services
Information about Usage Environment: 5 years after Your last use of the Services
Information about Usage Status: 5 years since the controller collects
Usage History: 5 years since the controller collects
"Your last use" means the last time you launch the application on your devices used for the Service. Attention, if you stop using the Services for 5 years, all your personal data will be deleted automatically.
If you have uninstalled and reinstall the application for the Service and then use an e-mail address that you did not use for such uninstalled application for the Services, the personal data collected from such uninstalled application for the Service may not be inherited and will be deleted after 5 years from Your last use of such uninstalled application.
9. Your rights
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. These rights may vary depending on where you are located and which data protection laws will apply to the relationship between you and us, but would typically include:
(a) the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which we hold about you;
(b) the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
(c) the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. This may include (but is not limited to) circumstances in which:
- (i) it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it; or
- (ii) you object to our processing of your personal data for our legitimate interests, and our legitimate interests do not override your own interests, rights and freedoms;
- (iii) we are only entitled to process your personal data with your consent, and you withdraw your consent;
(d) the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. This may include (but is not limited to) circumstances in which:
- (i) you dispute the accuracy of your personal data (but only for the period of time necessary for us to verify its accuracy);
- (ii) we no longer need to use the personal data except for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- (iii) you object to our processing your personal data for our legitimate interests (but only for the period of time necessary for us to assess whether our legitimate interests override your own interests, rights and freedoms);
(e) the right to object to us about our processing of your personal data.
(f) the right to receive any personal data which we process about you on the basis of your consent or on a contract (as opposed to any other legal ground) and where the processing is carried out by automated means in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit that data to a recipient where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal data which you have provided to us;
(g) the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we can rely on another legal ground for doing so.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the information about us indicated below in Section 12. You can also lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
10. Obligation to provide personal data
Providing your personal data is not mandatory under law, but if you do not provide your personal data essential for providing the Service to us, you may not be able to use the Service.
11. Consent for transfers of personal data outside Singapore and related processing
We collect, use and analyze your personal data described above in Section 4 to provide and to improve the quality of the Service and develop new services and products (the “Purpose”), as provided for in Section 5. To achieve the Purpose, we must transfer your personal data to Japan, given that the processing activities for the Purpose is conducted only in Japan by Honda Motor Co., Ltd. and our recipients, as provided for in Section 6. Accordingly, we obtain your consent for the transfer of your personal data to Japan and related processing comprehensively on the application of your devices used for the Service. Please note that Japan may not ensure adequate data protection standards in light of the data protection rules of your country of residence. The overview of data protection standards in Japan is as follows:
(1) Applicable data protection law
Act on the Protection of Personal Information
(2) Data protection authority
Personal Information Protection Commission
(3) Rights of data subjects
Under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, data subjects have the rights (under certain requirements) set forth below:
- To receive personal data
- To request corrections of or additions to personal data
- To request that personal data be deleted
- To require that personal data processing or the disclosure of personal data to a third party be ceased
(4) Other safeguards
The Act on the Protection of Personal Information includes provisions that provide the following requirements to protect personal data:
- Lawful and fair collection
- Purpose limitation
- Data accuracy
- Implementation of appropriate security measures
- Restrictions on transfers to third parties
- Restrictions on transfers to third parties in foreign countries
If you have any questions about this Policy, your rights, or any other issues regarding the protection of your personal information, you can reach us using the information about us above in Section 2.